Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome!

Hello Family and Friends!

I hope this finds you all in good health and enjoying the New Year and God’s grace! As many of you know, I’m currently going to school for nursing at NMSU, and I’m approaching my senior year! It’s definitely been quite a journey, but I’m so thankful that I’ve gotten this far. I have the Lord and many of you to thank for that. I’m very excited to almost be a nurse, and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for my future.

As the “real world” is steadily approaching, I have a chance at an amazing opportunity, which I would like to share with you all. This summer I have the chance to travel to the Philippines, more specifically the city of Cebu with another friend/nursing student, Molly Walker. We will be working at a birthing center, as well as leading Bible studies and sharing God’s love for two months there. The maternity clinic we’ll be working at is run by Glory Reborn; here’s their website if you’d like to check it out, http://gloryreborn.org. After deciding to pursue nursing, I’ve been interested in participating in a medical-related missions trip, and this may be one of the few chances I have. In the nursing role, we gain trust and respect, and we are given such a great opportunity to talk to these people and display God’s love. This is a great time to show that love and assist others with healthcare needs. I’m very excited and eager to utilize the talents God has given me and the skills I’ve learned to help others who are not as fortunate. Not only that, but I’m also excited to see how God will use me.

For the trip itself, I need to raise $2500 for the plane ticket, lodging, food, bedding, and all the toiletries we’ll need to purchase there. As of now, I have $500 to put towards my trip, but I would love any additional financial support you feel called to give. I know it’s a lot of money, but I truly feel that it’ll be worth it to serve God’s Kingdom this summer. If you're interested in being a part of my adventure, first off, please pray for me. If you're interested in helping financially, you can either contact me via email for mailing information, mcpatti.10@gmail.com, or click on the donate button below.




To donate you do not need a Paypal account. You can choose how much you'd like to donate and then simply click "Continue" under the "Don't have a Paypal account?" section.


No comments:

Post a Comment